Saturday, March 26, 2011

Damn Rain

Well, I was going to go out and work on learning to drive a manual today (This being my first manual car.) But of course, it decided to rain... At least I managed to snap a picture while getting gas yesterday. It still looks a little rough here, but with the sap off all the paint is in immaculate condition for a '97 except for some cracking on the front bumper cover, which I will have repainted very soon.
(Also, any tips for learning to drive manual will be appreciated.)

10 comments:

  1. Driving manual is fairly easy. When I first started, I slowly moved my foot off the clutch and "feel" where the clutch caught. When I felt it, I knew to give it some gas and then let off the clutch. Each car is different but when you can drive one, you can drive them all.

    I also learned on hills because I knew that'd be the biggest challenge. I was riding the clutch a bit because I didn't want to roll down the hill and stall but after a few months, I was making the smooth transition of break - clutch - gas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, Manual for me looks quite difficult. Personally im trying to avoid it haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take your time first time. Never overrush things :) Nice ride btw, you make me jalous

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did you get the sap off in the end? Looksing tidy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hardest part about driving a manual is getting the car going. Each car has a different clutch and it's all about finding that sweet spot where contact start to be made.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't touch the gas first. Feel the clutch, know where it engages/disengages. Start slowly, don't get cocky.

    Also, it looks amazing. I never had a car before, its all my family's.

    ReplyDelete